Author of Worldwalkers fantasy series
When Kate’s childhood friend Cor returns to tell her she’s in danger, she’s not happy to see him. Her best friend hasn’t grown up to be a handsome monster hunter, he’s a hallucination. Kate spent years in an institution for believing otherwise. If she admits she’s having symptoms again, she might lose her independence. Instead, she strikes a deal with Cor: if she learns how to defend herself, he’ll leave her alone for good.
As Kate spends more time with Cor, it gets harder to imagine saying goodbye. But if Cor is real, so are the monsters.
- Book Cover RevealAs Shadows Gather cover reveal Book 2 of my series officially has a cover! Here’s the ebook cover of As Shadows Gather, book 2 of my Worldwalker series. Unfortunately, I was not able to get the same artist who did the cover for In Daylight and Darkness, so I have a redesign of that coverContinue reading “Book Cover Reveal”
- Book Review: How God Works: the science behind the benefits of religionBook Review: How God Works: the science behind the benefits of religion Several of my favorite fantasy and science fiction authors have opted not to include religions in the world building for their stories. While I spent time crafting everything from distinct social structures to gestures—not to mention a system of skills and powers—for Cor’sContinue reading “Book Review: How God Works: the science behind the benefits of religion”
- Book Review: Spinning Silver by Naomi NovikSpinning Silver by Naomi Novik My rating: 5/5 stars Loosely based on the tale of Rumpelstiltskin, this is a complex and epic novel. The story begins with Miryem Mandelstam, the daughter of a Jewish moneylender who is terrible at collecting his debts. Embittered by her family living in poverty while the rest of the townsfolkContinue reading “Book Review: Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik”
- NaNoWriMo 2021NaNoWriMo 2021 complete! Another National Novel Writing Month is in the books, so to speak. This year, I did things a little bit differently, since I was in the last third or so of As Shadows Gather, Worldwalkers book 2. I used my 50,000 words in November to finish up book 2, start book 3,Continue reading “NaNoWriMo 2021”
- Writer’s lifeTime for writing a blurb for As Shadows Gather, sequel to In Daylight and Darkness. 😳 I do not find blurbs easy, but it’s very exciting to be in the end stages of book 2 of the series. I’m channeling Inigo Montoya. “Let me explain…No, there is too much. Let me sum up.”